Time management is an art of taking charge of your time to do everything without getting stressed about it. In other words, it is a decision making process to structure, protect and adjust your time to cope with the current as well as changing circumstances while enhancing the productivity.
In an attempt to maximize productivity, we make a conscious effort towards planning and scheduling activities of the day into periods. This conscious effort and its reflective result are referred to as time management. Through effective time management, one can increase the possibility of getting priority tasks done and completed.
By managing time more effectively you get an impression of an increased free time. And since you can complete tasks within the stipulated time, you make available more time to carry out other tasks.
Even in administrative environments, effective time management helps to reduce unproductive time spent by prioritizing tasks that have the biggest influence on the economic goals of the organization.
Through effective time management employees can tailor their work to increase the company’s revenue. Some of the tools used in the effective management of time include task prioritization, list-making, calendars, and goal setting.
Why should you take online time management courses?
There are countless benefits to learning effective time management skills through online classes. The major reason for taking time management online courses is to learn how to effectively manage primary tasks without compromising time that will otherwise be spent on other areas.
Some of the tools you will learn include creating to-do lists, informed decision making, teamwork, setting deadlines, and more.
Have you been searching for just the right place to learn effective time management? If yes, then you have come to the right place. In this guide, we have provided some of the best courses you can enroll in to learn all the time management skills you need to be successful in your career.
1. Work Smarter, Not Harder: Time Management for Personal & Professional Productivity – Coursera
Take this course and discover time management techniques that will change your life forever. In this course, you will learn how to use knowledge and comprehension of expert awareness, attention, dedication, and organization to solve your time management problems and boost your overall productivity. No one likes to work without knowing about the expected outcome, that is why this course will be your best bet to learn good time management skills.
This course is clear, succinct, easy to understand, and very engaging. It teaches you the importance of effective prioritization and blueprint making and how you can use the key skills you have learned to achieve both career and personal success.
Join Margaret Meloni who is dedicated to helping people by sharing her knowledge and skills in time management to foster success when managing projects.
What to expect
This course is very detailed and goes in-depth in the teachings of time management. It is free and offered completely online. Students who enroll in this course also get a shareable certificate after completing the course.
Its flexible syllabus allows students to take the course based on their schedule and comfort. It takes approximately 10 hours to complete the entire course content. This course also provides users with subtitle options for both Spanish and English.
What will you be taught
- How to plan your time in such a way that it facilitates both your life and professional goals.
- Learn how to identify and handle obstacles to good time management
- Discover critical time management techniques and utilize them efficiently
- Plan how you can use your resources better
- Maintain a sense of viewpoint to handle and prevent crisis
- Find out how you can utilize delegation to achieve your goals
- Learn how you can handle your expectations as well as saying “No” when required
This course is divided into 4 modules. In the first module, you will identify clearly why productive work is critical to your success. You will also find out how to effectively prioritize your activities, to uncover the basics of planning your time.
In module 2 you will learn how you can balance work life and also create your toolkit for effective time management.
In the third module, you will be taught how you can manage communication. You will also be taught how to keep a journal to track how you spend your time and identify your most productive hours.
The fourth module concludes this course and also describes how you can get rid of distraction, multitasking, and seeking a competitive advantage.
Instructor: Margaret Meloni Level: Beginner Class Project: N/A
Video Lectures: 8 User Review: 4.5 Price: Free
2. Time Management Fundamentals – LinkedIn Learning
In this very engaging course, you will learn the basics of time management. This course focuses on providing you with cutting-edge strategies that will help you get more done in a short time. In this course, you will discover time management skills that will help you manage distractions to get the best of your time.
You will be learning with Dave Crenshaw who will offer tips and strategies that you can leverage to improve your productivity. You will be taught different techniques to build the habit of staying organized and reduce disorderliness when you are busy while working. Dave will also teach you ways by which you can use your time during workday.
What will you be taught?
This course is separated into 10 parts. In the beginning, you will be introduced to the course and briefed on the course content and how to use the exercise documents.
- The first and second parts of this course will teach you how to get the best from the course by finding your very own motivation to achieve your goals. You will also learn how you can identify and overcome the challenges that may affect your productivity. In this part, you will learn how to effectively multitask.
- Sections 4 to 6 focus on teaching you the principles of productivity based on three notions: space, time, and mind.
- In the seventh section, you will learn how to get the necessary tools you will need to take action.
- In section 8 you will be introduced to the concept of a processing system.
- Section 9 focuses on teaching you how to manage and process emails.
- In the final section, you learn effective prioritization by sorting your engagements based on their importance.
Instructor: Dave Crenshaw Level: Beginner Class Project: N/A
Video Lectures: 56 User Review: N/A Price: Free
3. Ultimate Time Management – BEST Time Management Course – SkillShare
By having good time management skills you will learn how to relieve stress, earn more and achieve career success.
Take this course and find out how you can have an edge over competitors, by using the time management techniques offered. Another advantage of taking this course is that you will learn how to find more time for family and friends. You will be learning with Paul Cline a professor and psychology expert who has a passion for helping people change their lives for the better by learning life-changing skills critical to success.
What to expect
This detailed course with 13 videos will last for 2 hours. The course is offered online and users can learn at their own pace, as the course is very flexible and easy to comprehend.
What will you learn?
In this course, you will get a good understanding of how you spend your time as well as how to get it back
Find out ways you can carry out repetitive assignments much quicker
Learn how you can make good use of time usually wasted
How you can make people understand your value for time
Uncover a hidden secret technique that can help you get back 25% of time lost just within 24 hours
Instructor: Paul Cline Level: Beginner Class Project: N/A
Video Lectures: 13 User Review: N/A Price: USD29.88
4. Time Management – Maximizing Your Productivity – PluralSight
We often fail to recognize the importance of time in our lives, most people fail to see that time is a resource. It leads many people to experience poor time management.
We often spend our time postponing and not concentrating on the relevant things in our lives, most especially things that matter to us on a long-term basis. By taking this course you will unearth strategies that will assist you in maximizing how you spend your time.
You will first learn the importance of time management. Secondly, you will find out common time management skills used by highly successful people. In the end, you will learn a new time management approach that suits your lifestyle. In conclusion, you will have gained all the skills that will be required for you to properly manage your time.
You will also be confident enough to pursue your dreams and achieve your short-term goals. In this course, you will be learning with Tommy van Schaik who will be your instructor throughout the course.
What to expect
This course takes approximately 2 hours to complete. It is easy and offered completely online. Students are also given a 10-day free trial after signing up for the course. By availing the opportunity to sign up for a free trial, you can ensure that you will be learning quality stuff in a premium package.
What will you learn?
In this class, you will be learning how to set goals and achieve them by efficient and productive use of your time. You will also learn critical and effective time management tools that you can take advantage of to get the best of life.
Discover how you can craft your schedule that will fit your lifestyle and also support your schedule. Learn how you can apply the time management skills to your projects, goals, and engagements.
- Find out why you need to learn time management
- Discover how to affect your plans
- Introduction to Pomodoro time management strategies.
- New approaches to time management
- Integrating, examining, and mastering proper time management
Instructor: Tommy Van Schaik Level: Beginner Class Project: N/A
Video Lectures: 32 User Review: 4.0 Price: N/A
5. Effective Time Management Skills For A Productivity Boost – Udemy
This course looks at time management from 3 critical perspectives, it takes a step-by-step approach towards time management examining how individuals use their time in a day, a week, and entire life.
This course is special as it examines and helps you identify which tasks are more important ensuring effective prioritization. It also focuses on helping you identify aspects of life that take up your time at the most. Take this course and learn special time management techniques and have a well-defined and productive view of life.
This course not only aims at teaching you how to manage time but it also teaches you how to achieve your goals at the workplace. This course is going to be highly beneficial to both entrepreneurs and experts. Join Alex Genadanik who will be the instructor for this course.
Alex will be your guide throughout this course. He is committed to ensuring that his students learn by making this course very easy to understand and interactive. He will be there to reply to all your questions during your program within an hour.
Alex has helped many students in setting and achieving their realistic goals through his lectures. Whether it involves starting, developing, or planning for a business Alex will be there for you.
What to expect
The video lectures in this course last a total of 2½ hours where you will be provided with 3 articles and 21 resources which you can download during the course. It offers complete lifetime access for the enrollees. This course can be accessed on both mobile devices and a Smart TV. Upon completing this course learners also get a printable certificate.
What will you be taught
- Get practical and well established time management skills
- Learn how to plan effective meetings that fit your schedule
- Learn how you can remove insignificant issues and activities from your daily schedule
- Discover how you can adhere to your schedule, and prioritize so that relevant tasks are sorted out first without making debilitating changes.
- Improve how you sort important stuffs that require your hard work and consistency
- Become better in your academics, business, or career
Instructor: Alex Genadinik Level: Beginner Class Project: N/A
Video Lectures: 39 User Review: 4.5 Price: USD19.99
6. Time Management for Professionals – Udemy
One of the key factors to having a productive day is good time management. Whether you have to deal with sifting through emails and handling numerous projects, this course will be very beneficial to you. In this course, you will learn how to manage time wisely and intelligently while taking care of your professional priorities.
Find out why setting up your daily schedule is important and how you can use this tool to your advantage. This course will also teach how to say “No” when required. After taking this course students will be able to prioritize tasks and overcome procrastination, enhance focus and handle distractions more efficiently.
The information in this course will ensure you have the right tools at your disposal to make better use of time in your workplace. You will learn cutting-edge techniques that will assist you in your daily engagement in such a way that you aren’t just busy but productive and efficient as well.
At the end of this course, you will be the master of your time and will have complete control over how you spend it.
This course was created by Learnsector which is your one-point stop for online learning. Learnsector classes are designed for students who want to gain relevant skills necessary for them to grab the opportunities in the job market. They focus on teaching students how they can apply the skills they have learned to real-world situations.
What to expect
The video in this course runs for a total of 35 minutes. It offers lifetime access and students can access the course on any device including mobile phones and Smart TV. Students who enroll in this course are then given a certificate upon completing the course.
What will you be taught?
- Learn how you can convert normally wasted time to productive and resourceful engagements.
- Outline important activities and sort out, urgent from non-urgent matters
- Know how to delegate appropriately
- Discover the power of saying “No’
- Find out how to use the SMART tool to plan your time
- Learn how to get rid of time-wasting engagement and habits like procrastination
- Boost productivity by enhancing your immediate working space.
Instructor: LearnSector LLP Level: Beginner Class Project: N/A
Video Lectures: 13 User Review: 4.3 Price: USD49.99
7. Time Management Strategies for Project Management – FutureLearn
Most project managers and leaders have had that one project which appeared more difficult than others—taking more of their time and costing them important resources which were out of their plan and budget. By taking this course you will learn how to prevent similar situations from happening.
This course is designed to provide students with cutting-edge techniques that will help them manage projects much better than before. You will also understand how to use the basic skills you have learned to ensure you meet your targets and deadlines.
Take this course and put a stop to absconded projects. The content of this course is designed to help you make informed decisions that give you a tactical advantage that will mirror the likelihood of achieving the desired result.
Join Deidre Gengenbach a certified expert project manager with years of experience—as she guides you in learning indispensable skills critical to successful project management.
What to expect
This course takes a total of 2 weeks to be completed and students are required to study for at least 3 hours weekly to get the best of the course content.
What will you be taught?
Get a general understanding of processes in time management
Define critical time management concepts like
- Resource balancing
- Planning conclusion dates
- Crucial path
- Achieving milestones
- Marking conclusion date
- Resource management
- Nourishing buffers
Define the many tools and procedures used in boosting time management including:
- Gantt graph
- Crucial path procedures
- Crucial chain procedures
- Priority diagramming procedures
Students should be able to do the following after taking this course.
- Compare as well as contrast between a compulsory and elective dependency
- Compute the crucial path in project management by utilizing the crucial path procedures
- Compute the float in all the actions
- Define why timing compression is important to your schedule
- Compare and contrast between fast-tracking and rushing and also learn why each of them is important in time management
- Explain the features that differentiate timing and marking conclusion date
- Learn the distinguishing factors between crucial chain procedures and the crucial path procedures
- Explain the project and also define nourishing buffers
- Explain resource balancing and resource management
- Identify how and when to utilize these techniques
- Identify and define when your plan becomes base lined
- Define project goals
- Build a Gantt graph using data from the project
- Outline a list of items the Gantt graph can illustrate
- Outline the pros and cons, as well as obstacles when utilizing a planning software
Instructor: Deidre Gengenbach Level: Beginner Class Project: N/A
Video Lectures: 13 User Review: Price: USD49.99
The courses listed above are some of the best time management courses available for you. These courses not only assist you in time management but also help you plan all your work so that you can achieve your long-term goals and complete tasks relevant to your job and personal life.
Time management is one of those skills every entrepreneur and expert should have. By trying any of these courses you will discover how to channel your energy and time to things that will benefit you in the long run. You will learn not just effective time management but effective task management as well. Sign up for any of the above courses and change your life for the better.