What you'll learn
Discover the impact of your role in customer service
Differentiate between customer service, customer experience, and internal customer service
Use problem solving skills to resolve customer issues with ease
Build better connections with your customers
Model proper etiquette when interfacing with customers
Explore how to delight and appreciate your customers
Navigate difficult customers and turn them into forever fans
Discover that customer service is just people helping people!
Currently have a new Customer Service role or be seeking a role in Customer Service
Are new to a role in any department that may be customer facing
Are you a beginner customer service agent or are seeking a future role in customer service? This course will deliver actionable best practices and skills you need to be successful!
From turning the angriest of customers into forever fans, to delighting customers to the point where they sing you a song, to tough customers who end up falling in love and ask to marry you, this course will equip you with Your Customer Service Toolbox, full of unique yet realistic and actionable best practices that you can immediately apply to your role as a customer service agent.
In this course, you will:
- Discover the impact of your role in customer service
- Differentiate between customer service, customer experience, and internal customer service
- Use problem solving skills to resolve customer issues with ease
- Build better connections with your customers
- Model proper etiquette when interfacing with customers
- Explore how to delight and appreciate your customers
- Navigate difficult customers and turn them into forever fans
Throughout this course, you’ll complete interactive activities like responding to difficult customer emails, delivering etiquette best practices to boost customer loyalty and the importance of empathy and putting yourself in the customer’s shoes.
Customer service is just people helping people. And, working with people can be tricky! Knowing the basics of how to knock customer’s socks off with awesome service can not only help you excel in your role with your company but it can make an impact on someone’s life.
Who this course is for:
- The front line customer service agent who wants to excel at their job while making an impact providing exceptional customer support.
- This course is geared towards students who are beginning their customer service journey and want to learn foundational best practices.
About the instructor
A Southern California native, Jenny obtained her BA in English from San Diego State University. Jenny began her call center customer service journey on the front lines in 2005. In 2012, she co-founded the service focused blog, Customer Service Life. Currently, she brings smiles and tasty exotic fruit to customers while fighting food waste over at FruitStand and Apeel. She is known for her thought leadership, speaking about customer service, customer experience and self-care for contact center agents. She was the 2019/2020 recipient of the CloudCherry CX Influencer Award and is an ICMI Top 25 Thought Leader. Outside of work, Jenny loves to hang out with her toothless rescue cats, relax at the beach, binge watch International House Hunters, drink wine with friends, cook plant-based food, sing and play guitar and hop on a plane to travel somewhere new.