What you'll learn
- Students will create 3 complete games including a mobile game and will test it on their mobile device.
- Students will learn how to get beautiful game props, characters and environments online for free.
- Students will learn Unreal Engine's Blueprint scripting system, which they will use to create gameplay.
- Students will create games without needing to learn coding.
Any student who is interested in making games can take this course.
This course will teach you how to create video games using Unreal Engine's Blueprint system. Blueprints allows you to create top quality video games without any experience coding. You will create three complete video games, and we will package the third game for mobile and test on an actual mobile device! Learn all the basic game development skills including character mobility and animation, particle and sound effects, HUD elements like progress bars and on-screen animated text widgets, hazards and explosives, pickups, dynamic materials, gameplay mechanics like switches, doors, and much, much more!
Who this course is for:
- Beginners with no game development experience.
- Experienced developers who want to brush up on their skills.
- Programmers who want to solidify their Blueprint scripting skills.
- Anyone who wants to release games and earn a side income from game sales.
About the instructor
When I earned my bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, I was exposed to the world of programming. I was instantly hooked. I have a passion for game development and a love for creative problem-solving. I have written and self-published a science fiction novel and love all things creative. I have experience assisting and tutoring in engineering, mathematics, physics, chemistry, and programming.
I have since gained professional industry experience in the world of surgical simulations. It is extremely rewarding and my passion is to pass on my knowledge so others can achieve a highly engaging and fun career as I have!
I enjoy biking, drawing, 3D-design, and procedural generation in video games. I am currently teaching how to implement algorithms such as procedurally-generated level creation techniques on my YouTube page: Druid Mechanics.
I have also written a book on Unreal Engine C++, available on Amazon, titled: Unreal Engine C++ The Ultimate Developers Handbook.