What you'll learn
Build 6 beautiful real-world projects for your portfolio (not boring toy apps)
How to think and work like a developer: problem-solving, researching, workflows
Modern ES6+ from the beginning: arrow functions, destructuring, spread operator, optional chaining (ES2020), etc.
Modern OOP: Classes, constructors, prototypal inheritance, encapsulation, etc.
Complex concepts like the 'this' keyword, higher-order functions, closures, etc.
How to architect your code using flowcharts and common patterns
Modern tools for 2021 and beyond: NPM, Parcel, Babel and ES6 modules
Practice your skills with 50+ challenges and assignments (solutions included)
Get friendly support in the Q&A area
Design your unique learning path according to your goals: course pathways
No coding experience is necessary to take this course! I take you from beginner to expert!
Any computer and OS will work — Windows, macOS or Linux. We will set up your text editor the course.
A basic understanding of HTML and CSS is a plus, but not a must! The course includes an HTML and CSS crash course.
*** Updated for ES2021 and ES2022 in November 2021 ***
You will also learn how to think like a developer, how to plan application features, how to architect your code, how to debug code, and a lot of other real-world skills that you will need on your developer job.
By the end of the course, you will have the knowledge and confidence that you need in order to ace your job interviews and become a professional developer.
My name is Jonas, I'm an experienced web developer and designer, and one of Udemy's top instructors. I have been teaching this bestselling course since 2016 to over 400,000 developers, always listening to feedback and understanding exactly how students actually learn.
So what exactly is covered in the course?
- Deep dive into functions: arrow functions, first-class and higher-order functions, bind, and closures.
- Deep dive into object-oriented programming: prototypal inheritance, constructor functions (ES5), classes (ES6), encapsulation, abstraction, inheritance, and polymorphism. [This is like a small standalone course]
- Learn modern tools that are used by professional web developers: NPM, Parcel (module bundler), Babel, and ES6 modules
Check out the course curriculum for an even more detailed overview of the content :)
This is what's also included in the package:
- Up-to-date HD-quality videos, that are easy to search and reference (great for Udemy for Business students)
- Professional English captions (not the auto-generated ones)
- Downloadable starter code and final code for each section
- Downloadable slides for 40+ theory videos (not boring, I promise!)
- Free support in the course Q&A
- 25+ coding challenges and 25+ assignments to practice your new skills (solutions included)
This course is for you if...
- ... you are interested in using a library/framework like React, Angular, Vue, or Node.js in the future
Who this course is for:
- Take this course if you're interested in using a library/framework like React, Angular, Vue or Node in the future