What you'll learn
- You’ll grow your own leadership skills and success, with the tools to become famous for talent development in your organization
- You'll develop your employees, helping them to achieve career success
- You’ll create pragmatic learning plans that create growth that sticks
- You’ll develop skills and gain new tools to develop your high-potential employees, building a talent bench that will not only ensure your team’s success, but extend your reach throughout your organization.
- You'll learn how to create a diverse team, with the best talent
Students should have a good idea of what success looks like in their organization, from a leadership perspective.
Knowing what is important to the organization (skills and behaviors) will enable students to create a relevant and compelling development plan.
NASBA CPE accredited course
National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA)
NASBA CPE credits: 2.0
Recommended NASBA field of study: Personnel/Human Resources
Program level: Basic
To earn NASBA CPE credits:
- Complete all videos
- Score 70% or higher on final exam
Glossary: Find PDF attached to the first lecture of this course.
Completion to obtain CPE should be accomplished a year after purchase date.
If you undertake this course for NASBA CPE credits, please complete the Self Study Course Evaluation.
You: famous for developing and growing talent
Why take this course? Because...
Your organization is growing
You want to keep your most valuable players, and get them ready for more
You want to be a talent hero, known for developing leaders throughout your organization
You want to avoid the panic and stress of open positions
Investing in people development creates employee engagement, and leads to reduced turnover, increased productivity, improved customer service results, and higher operating margin. What a terrific investment in your success!
I’ve spent over 20 years helping people develop their skills to realize their potential and create extraordinary business results. This course is designed to be your practical toolkit to develop your high-potential employees. I’ll share with you the secrets I’ve learned developing hundreds of people to achieve more, and give you tools to make developing employees a key leadership strength. Developing employees using my methodology is effective, engaging, and focused on the work itself, not on creating more work for you or your employees. You’ll finish this course prepared to make a real impact, developing employees for their success, and yours.
In this course, you will:
- Identify the most important team members for your development efforts
- Choose “what” to develop based on your unique organizational needs
- Identify the root cause of these opportunities and needs to make a lasting impact
- Create a strong, pragmatic plan to enable your high potential team members to develop the skills necessary for success
- Develop your approach to make it stick
- Incorporate understanding of how people learn, develop and grow
- Avoid disaster by planning for what to do when things go wrong
This course is focused on delivering results through developing people. You’ll become a stronger leader, and develop your own skills through the tools and tactics we cover. Your work through this course will serve as a catalyst for your own growth, development, and reputation as the leader others want to work for. I look forward to supporting your journey to be the BEST boss!
CPE (Continuing Professional Education)
- Discover the significant business impact of employee engagement and how developing employees unleashes their potential.
- Explain the concept of a talent fire.
- Identify qualities of high-potential team members.
- Name behavioral interviewing techniques.
- Identify what qualities are best to hire for, and which qualities are easier to develop.
- Identify what qualities are most important to develop in high-potential team members.
- Describe the 5 Why Technique and what it’s used for.
- Recognize the traits of fixed or growth mindsets and their impact on development.
- Define the motivational questioning technique and how it is used.
- Describe the components of deliberate practice.
For more information regarding administrative policies, please contact our support using the Help and Support link at the bottom of this page.
Who this course is for:
- Relatively new leaders/managers with a desire to develop their teams
- This course is not for people just starting their career, or who don’t yet have people they manage and lead.
- If you have been leading people and developing talent for a long time, this course won't be the best for you
About the instructor
Mary Walter is a leadership coach, team effectiveness guru, and retail expert. Mary led teams at a senior level for over 20 years, for companies including Target, Gap Inc., and Ross Stores. Mary developed teams of high-performance, diverse leaders who delivered unprecedented financial and customer results. In her leadership consulting practice, Mary has accelerated leadership and results, with clients including Nike, Salesforce, Sephora, Peet’s Coffee, Gap Inc, and Athleta. Mary hosts The Team Gurus podcast, exploring great leadership with her partner, Brian Buford. Mary holds an MBA from Northeastern University but says her most important learning has always come from her teams. Mary’s book, “Be the Best Boss” provides a roadmap for new managers to achieve success leading their teams. When Mary isn’t coaching, she’s busy trying to keep up with her 16 -year old son on skis, mountain bikes and on hiking trails. Mary lives in Tahoe with her husband and son.