What you'll learn
- By the end of the course, you will be able to understand your pivotal role in managing safety performance and will have a variety of skills to use, in order to engage, communicate and lead on safety.
- In this course, you will learn:
- The importance of being a supervisor and why supervisors are the linchpins in a safe workplace, when it comes to maintaining safety.
- The Three inter-related factors that are necessary in maintaining a thriving safety culture.
- 9 key skills to influence and connect with staff for better safety outcomes, so that staff at all levels feel that they are able to talk freely about their safety concerns and solutions.
- Strategies for planning, designing and organising toolbox talks, so that staff contribute and you enjoy leading.
Anyone with supervisory responsibilities in the workplace who already has awareness of their legal rights, duties and responsibilities and who is looking to strengthen supervisory competency.
Supervisors are the linchpins in an organisation that set the performance levels when it comes to safety, productivity, skills development and job satisfaction.
This training has been devised for companies who have got a great or "getting great" safety culture in place, but they realise employees are getting complacent with safety and that they need to re-energise and empower staff.
This course teaches supervisors the importance of their job role and that what they demonstrate and request from staff determines safety levels. It provides supervisors with information about what makes a high performance safety culture, followed by 9 "Connect & Collaborate" Skills to improve employee safety engagement, teamwork and create a happy working environment.
This course is not suitable for those wishing to learn basic supervisory tasks or who do not believe safety is important. It is for those who have already been supervising and want to learn some cutting edge techniques on how to engage their employees on safety.
The program goes through how to use these skills in safety meetings and includes a Toolbox Meeting Template to help supervisors encourage better safety meeting performance.
This engaging and activity based video course (with just around an hour of content) includes a workbook with activities, a toolbox talk template and a quiz. It also provides additional training content to reinforce training via regular fortnightly emails.
The course is structured into seven main topics:
- The Importance of Supervisors
- A New Workplace Culture Model
- How to Connect Well with your Team
- 9 Connect & Collaborate Skills
- Running a Great Toolbox Meeting
- Using the Toolbox/Safety Meeting Template
This course is vital to supervisors who want to improve their ability to communicate and engage on safety matters, including making others more accountable for safety.
It is beneficial for companies and supervisors who want to change their safety culture or who realise that there must be a better way to encourage people to speak up and talk about safety in toolbox talks. It will also create a workplace where workplace bullying will be a thing of the past.
Who this course is for:
- Supervisor and managers. This is new information and is suitable for those wanting the latest leadership techniques.
About the instructor
Marie-Claire Ross is devoted to giving her readers insights and actionable steps to improve their impact, confidence and job satisfaction.
She is a highly inspiring speaker, facilitator and coach who provides deep insights complemented with a practical approach to improving leadership skills in the workplace. She passionately believes that businesses have the power to make the world a better place. It all starts with leaders who are willing to acknowledge their role in creating a happy, productive team. A leader who helps those around them make sense of their lives through goals, purpose and action.
Marie-Claire works with senior leaders, leadership teams and work teams to help them build healthy, high trust team cultures – ensuring that teams improve both their reputation and results across the organisation. Her pragmatic approach and deep experience ensures she brings relevant strategies to leaders at any level. That is why she is a sough-out consultant with companies around the globe.
Her background is unusual. She started out as a market research consultant running large research projects for organisations. Then, she began life as an entrepreneur launching a video production company that filmed live events and produced corporate and training videos. She created a successful blog around workplace safety communication that led to her writing the best-selling book Transform your Safety Communication. It was then that she realised the importance of trust and communication in teams through her work helping organisations improve workplace safety. In 2014, she launched Trustologie to help leaders improve trust in their organisation.
Her popular Trusted Leadership Blog provides weekly detailed information to managers and supervisors who want to create a healthy, productive and safe team environment. She is also the author of Trusted to Thrive: How leaders create connected and accountable teams (out March 2022).
When she is not writing or working, Marie-Claire loves to run, be out in nature, read and make healthy vegan meals. She also loves to renovate heritage homes.