What you'll learn
- Understand the science of mind-body medicine.
- Understand the layers of consciousness of your mind and spirit and how they influence your body.
- Harness the power of your conscious and subconscious mind to optimize your emotional and physical health.
You need an open mind and a desire to improve your life and the lives of your patients and clients.
It is preferable that you have some education in biology as there is a lot of science in this course.
Your mind as consciousness creates your reality, and when you know how to effectively work with all of its parts, you can do some very powerful and amazing things, like heal your body or intuit something you could not have logically known.
This course is designed to take you on a journey of mind-body mastery starting with the basics of mindfulness and meditation, and then advancing to working with your subconscious mind to facilitate healing. I've included some of the latest mind-body research blended with spirituality to help you understand the power of your mind.
In this course you will learn:
- The fascinating science that proves why mind-body medicine is so powerful.
- Simple techniques and processes for beginning and maintaining a mindfulness and meditation practice.
- Easy mind-body techniques to quickly and effectively relax and turn off your stress response.
- Simple mindfulness techniques for healthier eating.
- How to maximize present moment awareness to magnify creativity and manifestation.
- How to effectively change your perception so that you experience less stress.
- How to use heart-centered meditation techniques packed with the power of love to literally heal your body and mind.
- How to use a heart-centered meditation to diffuse any negative emotion.
- How to maximize your intuition through meditation and the science behind it.
- How to use brainwave entrainment technology to deepen your meditative states.
- How to uncover limiting beliefs stuck in your subconscious, and use a specific guided meditation technique to permanently remove them.
- The effective use of core positive affirmations, and how to bypass any mental blocks around them.
- Basic Functional Medicine concepts for building a strong body and mind.
- Functional Medicine nutritional support recommendations.
- How the science behind the placebo effect proves your unlimited ability to heal yourself, and how to maximize this power in your every-day life.
- How to activate your inner physician to trigger a biological cascade of events for self-healing.
- How to tap into your higher mind (higher self) to always know the truth and become your own authority.
This course is presented in six modules designed to be taken over about six weeks. Ideally I would like you to practice the techniques you learn in each module for about a week before progressing to the next module. Some may choose to first view the entire course, and then start practicing the techniques described in each module.
Each module contains a powerful guided meditation containing brainwave entrainment tracks to deepen your practice and help induce your relaxation response. These guided meditations are each designed to promote a specific process for healing the body and mind. I recommend you listen to the guided meditations in a quiet place using earphones or earbuds to get the maximum effect.
As the modules progress, the guided meditation techniques become more advanced. Theses advanced meditation techniques are most effective if you master the basics of meditation and mindfulness taught at the beginning of the course. These basics include diaphragmatic breathing, engaging present moment awareness, and inducing the relaxation response.
For each of the more advanced guided meditations, I've included a downloadable ebook to help you fully understand the intention and process.
This is a science-based course, so if you have no background in science or human physiology, you may have difficulty understanding some of the concepts presented. Please consider this before enrolling.
Also, I encourage you to take the entire first module free before purchasing this course. That is so you will experience my teaching style and see how this course is presented. I am a geeky doctor and not a social media influencer so please don't expect to be entertained by me. I developed this course to teach. Thanks:)
I've taught this course in live workshops, and here is feedback from one of the participants.
"I initially signed up for Dr. Holden's course in order to improve at meditation -- but ended up getting so much more out of it! Dr. Holden describes the latest findings in neuroscience, and the various ways our mind affects our health, in a way that is easy to grasp. The course is a veritable fountain of useful information. It also covers many different techniques for rewiring your brain including, of course, the excellent guided meditations. So it's a bit like getting a user's manual to your brain, complete with a hands-on tutorial. I feel that I benefited tremendously from everything I learned in the course (in many ways, it was what you'd call a "paradigm shift"), as well as the meditation practice. I was also very inspired by the example of Dr. Holden himself, who has greatly improved his own health using the same tools and information that he's offering us. I highly recommend this course to anyone interested in meditation, the healing powers of their own mind, or simply in getting healthier!" N.Z. Jacksonville, FL
All information contained in this course is intended for informational and educational purposes only, and is neither intended nor suited to be a replacement or substitute for professional medical treatment nor for professional medical advice relative to a specific medical question or condition.
Always speak with your physician or other healthcare professional before using any techniques in this course if you have an emotional or physical health problem. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, contact your health care provider promptly. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking professional advice because of something you have read or heard in this course.
Learning and practicing information provided in this course DOES NOT create a doctor-patient relationship between you and Keith R. Holden, M.D.
Who this course is for:
- Healthcare practitioners who wish to understand the science behind mind-body medicine, and learn unique tools to assist your patients and clients in their recovery from illness.
- Others who wish to use the science of mind-body medicine to improve your lives.
- I do not recommend you take this course and attempt the advanced guided mediations for working with your subconscious mind if you are emotionally unstable or have an unstable medical condition as these techniques may produce an emotional catharsis.
About the instructor
I graduated from LSU School of Medicine in New Orleans in 1992 and completed LSU’s Internal Medicine residency program in 1995. I’m board certified in Internal Medicine, and completed additional postgraduate training in Functional Medicine through The Institute for Functional Medicine.
Functional Medicine tends to work best for chronic diseases and conditions, often finding the root cause of the disease state, and correcting it to allow for healing and resolution of the illness. My training in Functional Medicine filled in many of the blanks that medical school and residency left out.
I was honored on January 10, 2017 to present Grand Rounds for the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Florida College of Medicine in Jacksonville. This lecture titled “Power of the Mind in Health and Healing” was very well-received by the residents and professors. I also presented lectures to the 4th year psychiatry residents in this program on January 17th and 24th regarding the placebo effect. Thankfully, academic medicine is starting to embrace many of the concepts presented in this course.
In May 2014, presented a lecture at the Accordo Health Institute’s Spring Symposium in Longwood, FL titled “Power of the Mind in Health and Healing,” which inspired the creation of my Udemy course of the same name.
In August 2013, participated on a wellness panel and presented a lecture on how food sensitivities and gut dysfunction participate in systemic illness and autoimmunity at The International Association of Comprehensive Aesthetics’ (IACA) annual conference in Calgary, Canada. Also participated on a wellness panel at IACA’s 2012 annual conference in Hollywood, FL. IACA is an international group of neuromuscular dentists dedicated to advancing innovative oral health and practice management education. An article I wrote titled “Functional Medicine – Innovating Chronic Disease Care” was published in the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies’ Fall 2012 Visions magazine.
I’ve lectured four times at conferences for the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M) on the biological effects of pulsed electromagnetic field therapy. A4M is a global institution representing 26,000 physicians and scientists from 110 countries dedicated to detect, prevent, and treat aging related disease and to promote research into methods to retard and optimize the human aging process. A scientific article I wrote titled “Biological Effects of Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) Therapy” was published in A4M’s May 2012 Issue of Anti-Aging Medical News magazine.
In 2012, gave a presentation to the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI) in Baltimore, MD on the scientific evidence of the beneficial effects of pulsed electromagnetic fields on osteoporosis.
In 2012, presented a webinar for Cell Science Systems (CSS) titled “Gut Health and Systemic Disease.” CSS is a life sciences company and the worldwide leader in food intolerance/sensitivity testing.
For several years, consulted for the Social Security Administration’s Disability Determination Services in Florida and Georgia. I garnered numerous awards regarding consulting, advising, and teaching in this field including “2002 Georgia Disability Adjudication Services Medical Consultant of the Year Award,” “2001-2002 Georgia Disability Adjudication Services People’s Choice Trainer of the Year Award,” and “2004 Florida Disability Determination Services Medical Consultant of the Year Award.”
I have a special interest in frequency based therapies and mind-body medicine, which emphasizes the influence of the mind on the body. My goal is to deliver best-in-class integrative healthcare education by staying abreast of the latest science-based evidence regarding innovative ways to promote health and well-being for all individuals on a global scale.