What you'll learn
- An understanding of Lua the coding language used to create Roblox Games.
- The basic concepts of computer programming
- How to get set up to create your first Roblox game by creating an account and downloading and installing Roblox Studio.
- How to move, scale and rotate your Roblox parts.
- How to create a script, make objects spawn and how to program your Humanoid Roblox Player and much more.
- How to Use Roblox Toolbox and create your own models, save them and import them into your projects
- How to code the Leaderboard for multi-player games and save player data during the game.
- Design, Test, and Play your own game from beginning to end.
- You will be able to use all the concepts and coding you learnt in this course to create your own interactive games on Roblox.
Have use of a PC or Mac with an internet connection
Able to download software from roblox.
Have WinZip or Archive to expand compressed files
Roblox is one of the most popular entertainment platforms for players under the age of 18, with 1 Billion hours of Roblox being played each month by over 80 Million Roblox players.
Roblox's mission is to bring the world together through play.
"We enable anyone to imagine, create, and have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive 3D experiences, all built by a global community of developers."
There are currently over 4 million active developers and creators producing their own games using Roblox Studio. As of March 2019 98 million dollars has been paid to these community developers.
My course will teach you how to set up and create your first Roblox game.
The course is divided into 5 Sections. It is designed to be taken in the order it is presented.
- Section 1 - I show you how to create a Roblox account, and install and use Roblox Studio.
- Section 2 - We then learn about coding concepts and how they work .
- Section 3 - We begin to develop a "Camping Game" and discuss the rules and how to implement them using Lua code.
- Section 4 - We continue to develop our game, adding more functionality and learn some more advanced coding techniques.
- Section 5 - We polish our game and discuss how to take what you have learned and develop it further.
Using the concepts you have learnt by creating this game you will be able to develop it further or use your own ideas to create your own game in Roblox Studio.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Lua Programmers
- Roblox players
- Roblox coders
- Beginner Coders
About the instructor
I have been learning and teaching computing and programming for over 20 years.
My lectures are organised, well presented, and easy to follow.
I was introduced to playing Roblox, and creating in Roblox Studio by my 10 year old son.
I love the Roblox platform, and the resources available to create a professional Roblox game.
I have created these courses to teach you step by step how to turn your ideas into working games, and once you have the basics you can begin to create any game you can imagine.