What you'll learn
Have your own, fully functional, blockchain prototype.
Learn how the code behind blockchain technology functions.
Learn why blockchain technology is a very secure means of storing data.
Learn how a decentralized blockchain network works.
The entire course is done on a Mac - if you have a Windows PC, you will be responsible for adapting the information to that operating system.
The blockchain that you build in this course will have all of the following features:
- A proof of work algorithm to secure the network.
- Hashing algorithms to secure the data within the blockchain.
- The ability to mine (create) new blocks that contain data.
- The ability to create transactions and store them in blocks.
- An API/server that will be used to interact with the blockchain from the internet.
- It will be hosted on a decentralized blockchain network.
- A consensus algorithms to verify that the network nodes have valid data and are synchronized.
- A broadcasting system to keep the data in the blockchain network synchronized.
- Many other awesome features!...
When you have completed this course you will have built out your own blockchain prototype in code. You will have a thorough understanding of how blockchain technology actually works and why this technology is so secure and valuable. You will also have a deep understanding of how decentralized blockchain networks function and why decentralization is such an important feature for securing the blockchain. The whole process of storing, securing, and validating data/transactions on the blockchain will become very clear.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to build their own Blockchain Prototype in code.
- Anyone who wants to learn how Blockchain Technology works under-the-hood.
- Anyone who wants to understand how the "decentralization" of blockchain actually works.
- Anyone who wants to gain a better understanding of why Blockchain Technology is valuable.
- Anyone who wants to learn how the code behind Blockchain Technology works.
About the instructor
HI! I’m Eric. I currently work as a software engineer in New York City and I have extensive experience working as a teacher, instructing people in a variety of different subjects. I changed my career from teaching to software engineering because of the excitement it brings me and the passion that I have for it. I am lucky enough now to have the opportunity to combine both of these passions – software engineering and teaching!