What you'll learn
- Stand out from other candidates and get interviews for video game jobs no matter which role you are interested in.
- Create winning Resumes, Cover Letters, Portfolios and LinkedIn profiles specifically tailored to the Video Game Industry.
- Dominate in interviews by using specific, proven tactics and strategies.
- Take action to get relevant video game industry experience (even if you have no experience to start with).
- Create your personal brand in order to make it very clear to employers why you should be hired.
- Create Proof-of-Value "Artifacts" that will make you stand out more than any other candidate and get your application to the top of the pile.
- Use LinkedIn to easily Network with the right industry professionals (ie. Decision Makers who can give you a job)
- Find (and create!) job opportunities anywhere in the world.
Be passionate about wanting to work in the video game industry
Have some basic game creation skill or knowledge - for example, some skills in 2D art or 3D art, programming, game design, project management, audio design, game testing, community management, and so on.
Please note: This course focuses on landing your dream job in the video game industry however the strategies included apply to any creative and technical profession.
If you're interested in game development and aspire to have a career making video games, this course will help maximise your chances of finding opportunities, getting interviews and dominating the job application process in order to land your dream job in the video game industry.
No matter what role you're interested in (programmer / developer, artist, designer, producer, QA tester and so on) and what experience level you currently have (from "none" to "a lot"), this course takes you through all of the fundamentals (eg. building your resume, writing cover letters, creating a portfolio, crafting your LinkedIn profile) and dozens of insider tips and strategies that 95% of your job-hunting competitors are not (yet) using.
The course is perfect for people who are self-taught from taking courses, those who are soon-to-be and recent graduates, people who are switching careers or industry veterans looking for a change or promotion.
Why you'll get HUGE VALUE from this program...
- You'll have the skill to create "Artifacts" - the technique which allows you get get interviews even if you have very little or no job experience in the games industry.
- You'll create your Personal Brand - a critical step in passing employers "6-second test", and a brilliant way to make writing resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn profiles, emails and connection requests easier and more impactful.
- You'll become a LinkedIn Master - using this incredibly valuable tool to connect with Decision Makers, make new opportunities, gather important intel and opening doors that would otherwise be tightly shut.
- You'll learn from real-world Case Studies - job seekers like yourself who followed the teachings in this program got the interviews and job offers they wanted in the video game industry.
- You'll know exactly how you can Get More Experience on your Resume - its tough to get a job if you have no experience right? This course will show you how anyone can get experience by being smart and offering needed value to teams.
Get plugged into our communities of amazing developers on Facebook (nearly 20k), in our own TA-curated Community (17k views/day), and our student chat group (10k live at any one time).
See you in the course
Ben & Rick
PS Want to get more skills before you dive-in? Check-out our comprehensive catalog of world-class game development tutorials.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is serious about finding work in the video game industry.
- Students who already have some basic video game skill or training (for example, have completed an art diploma or a game design program or a computer science degree or have made some of their own games for fun or have played many games and are good at explaining the design of those games).
- The course is most valuable for those folks who are ready to start looking for jobs now, or will be ready within the next 6 months.
About the instructor
Rick Davidson has been making video games for a living for more than 14 years as a Designer, Producer, Creative Director, and Executive Producer, creating games for console, mobile, PC and Facebook. He founded an Indie game studio, Inspirado Games, which was acquired in 2012 by Electronic Arts / PopCap. He has worked on cool IPs such as Mario, Transformers, Captain America and Mortal Kombat and created successful new IPs from scratch (such as “GardenMind” which was nominated for Canadian Game of the Year in the social / mobile category).
As a qualified Career Coach, Rick has helped thousands of people achieve their dream of making games for a living – both as Indie Game Developers and as valuable game industry employees.