What you'll learn
Learn the gRPC theory to understand how gRPC works
Compare gRPC and REST API paradigm
Write your gRPC service definition in .proto files
Generate Server & Client Code in Java using the Gradle gRPC plugin
Implement Unary, Server Streaming, Client Streaming & Bi-Directional Streaming API
Practice your learning with Exercises & Solutions
Implement advanced concepts such as Error Handling, Deadlines & SSL Security
Implement a full CRUD API on top of MongoDB
Get pointers to expand your learning journey and get inspired by real world gRPC services
Good Understanding of Java 8 Programming Language
Good Understanding of Protocol Buffers
gRPC is a new and modern framework for building scalable, modern and fast API. It is leveraged by many top tech companies such as Google, Square & Netflix and enables programmers to write micro-services in any language they want while keeping the ability to easily create communications between these services. It relies on Protocol Buffers for the transport mechanism and Service Definition language.
In this course, we are going to explore in depth, with hands-on lectures, all the aspects to get started with gRPC.
This course is hands-on and you will implement two services: Greet and a Calculator Service.
In just a few hours, you will know everything you need to know to write your .proto files, generate code in your Favourite Programming, and implement your services, servers and client in Java. There will be plenty of hands-on lectures and exercises for you to practice your newly acquired skills.
It's time to say goodbye to slow and clunky REST API, and opt-in for a better API framework.
gRPC Java Master Class is the best way to get a great overview of all the possibilities offered by gRPC with your favourite language
> Learn the gRPC theory to understand how gRPC works
> Compare gRPC and REST API paradigm
> Write your gRPC service definition in .proto files
> Generate Server & Client Code in Java using the Gradle gRPC plugin
> Implement Unary, Server Streaming, Client Streaming & Bi-Directional Streaming API
> Practice your learning with Exercises & Solutions
> Implement advanced concepts such as Error Handling, Deadlines & SSL Security
> Implement a full CRUD API on top of MongoDB
> Get pointers to expand your learning journey and get inspired by real world gRPC services
Note: This course expects you have some preliminary knowledge about Protocol Buffers.
- gRPC Course Overview: Get an understand of the course objectives, how the course is structured, download the course code and get ready!
- [Theory] gRPC Internals Deep Dive: Learn how gRPC works behind the scenes. Learn about HTTP/2, Protocol Buffers efficiencies, and the differences of gRPC and REST.
- [Hands-On] gRPC Project Overview & Setup: Setup your project using Gradle and learn how to trigger code generation
- [Hands-On] gRPC Unary: API description & implementation
- [Hands-On] gRPC Server Streaming: API description & implementation
- [Hands-On] gRPC Client Streaming: API description & implementation
- [Hands-On] gRPC Bi-Directional Streaming: API description & implementation
- [Hands-On] gRPC Advanced Features Deep Dive: Advanced features such as Error Handling, Deadlines, SSL Security.
- Next Steps: Some useful real-world links & where to take your learning from here
My name is Clement Jean, and I'll be your instructor in this course. I teach about Protocol Buffers and gRPC with my focus always on helping my students improve their professional proficiencies. I am also the author of some of the most highly-rated & best-selling courses.
With development being a widely accepted and pursued career, I've decided it's time for students to properly learn about gRPC [Java]. So, let’s kick start the course! You are in good hands!
This Course Also Comes With:
- Lifetime Access to All Future Updates
- A responsive instructor in the Q&A Section
- Links to interesting articles, and lots of good code to base your next template onto
- Udemy Certificate of Completion Ready for Download
- A 30 Day "No Questions Asked" Money Back Guarantee!
I hope to see you inside the course!
Who this course is for:
- Developers who want to understand how to write gRPC Services and Clients in Java
- Architects who want to understand how gRPC works and the concepts behind the different types of API
About the instructor
I’m a Udemy instructor who studied computer engineering (C, C++, C#) at Epitech (Montpellier, France), went to 清华大学 (Tsinghua University) for computer science Master (Beijing, China), 北京语言大学 (BLCU) for learning Chinese (Beijing, China) and finally learning business in CKGSB (Beijing, China).
My background is pretty diverse but I’m really Interested in both programming and teaching, so I combine them to providing you more opportunities to improving your career.