About this Course
This course aims to improve your Business English language skills by developing your vocabulary and reading skills and your understanding of tone, style and knowledge of communication methods. We'll also cover how these language skills can enhance audience analysis, business case analysis and basic business communication strategies. Skills learned in this course will often be referred to and needed to complete the speaking, writing and cross-cultural communications courses of this Specialization.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- describe things and events in the context of Business English
- make requests in the context of Business English
- support arguments in the context of Business English
- use appropriate tone and style according to the context of Business English
- conduct an audience analysis
- match audience with the purpose and medium of communication
- analyse and summarise business data
About the instructor
Kin Tang is an English Language Instructor who originally joined the Center of Language of Education at HKUST in 2006 and since rejoined in 2011. He moved to Hong Kong from the United Kingdom in 1999 and has been teaching English for Academic Purposes (EAP) and Communication at tertiary level since 2006. Prior to joining HKUST, he worked at the University of Hong Kong and in other non-teaching areas such as Social Work, Business Development and Marketing.