What you'll learn
- How to run meetings effectively
- How to take helpful meeting minutes during meetings
- What to do before, during, and after each meeting
- When to schedule meetings (best days and times) to minimize the number of interruptions
- How to schedule meetings for team members in different time zones (using a free tool)
- The course includes two downloadable templates: A free meeting minutes template and a free meeting agenda template (in MS Word format)
This course is for virtual team leaders who recently started facilitating online meetings
No special knowledge is required to enroll in the course
**This is a short course (approx 45 minutes) that gives you everything you need to know about how to lead effective meetings with your virtual team without wasting time on useless discussions**
**Over 28,000+ managers have taken this course with successful results**
Learn simple concepts that help you improve your meeting facilitation and communication skills, and become a better team leader through easy meeting tactics.
Note: The subject of meetings can be really boring, and you've probably heard most of the common-sense advice about meetings before, so there's nothing earth-shattering about the material in this course. However, if you follow all the lectures to the letter, then this will be the only course you're ever going to need about managing your virtual teams effectively, guaranteed.
Master Simple Tips That You Can Implement Straightaway
- The one question to ask yourself before scheduling a meeting
- How to draft an effective agenda (and include a simple phrase to save you time)
- When to schedule meetings to minimize the number of interruptions (batching techniques)
- How to take helpful meeting minutes (note-taking strategies that save you time)
- How to schedule meetings for team members in different time zones
Resolve the Two Main Issues with Meetings
There are two main problems with meetings. First, there's a quantity problem (too many meetings), and second, there's a quality problem (too many bad meetings).
After taking this course, you'll learn how to address both those problems. You will learn how to have fewer meetings, how to have better meetings, and how to get the most out of your meetings to get things done. You'll benefit by saving your team and yourself some time, and you'll end up with more successful meetings.
Content and Overview
The course contains over 15 lectures and 45 minutes of content. It is designed for any employee or entrepreneur who frequently leads online meetings with their team members.
The content includes three main sections (before your meeting, during your meeting, and after your meeting), and each section includes simple steps that you can follow. There are also a couple of additional sections about general meeting guidelines and how to find a common meeting time that works for your remote team members who live in different time zones (using a free online tool).
The course is delivered in a format that is easily digestible for busy professionals (each video lecture is around 2 to 5 minutes long).
The course also includes two free downloadable templates (included in the materials):
- A Free Meeting Minutes Template (in MS Word format) to help you with your minute taking
- A Free Meeting Agenda Template (in MS Word format) to help save you time creating an agenda
Here's are the steps that are covered in the course:
BEFORE Your Meeting
- Step 1: Decide on a Need and Objective
- Step 2: Determine the Attendees and Draft an Agenda
- Step 3: Define the Logistics and Schedule the Meeting
DURING Your Meeting
- Step 1: Welcome and Logistics Check
- Step 2: Go through the Agenda
- Step 3: Capture Effective Meeting Minutes
- Step 4: Close with a Review
AFTER Your Meeting
- Step 1: Distribute Meeting Minutes
- Step 2: Follow up on Actions
Meeting Best Practices
- Meeting Scheduling Guidelines: How to effectively schedule your meetings (particularly your recurring meetings) to improve team productivity
- Coordinating Global Time Zones: How to schedule meetings for team members living in different time zones (using a free online tool)
By the end of this course, you'll be armed with a comprehensive end-to-end process that you can implement right away with your virtual team.
There are no requirements necessary to enroll in the course, and you can learn the material at your own pace.
Note: This course is technology-agnostic. This means that it doesn't matter if you use Zoom, Webex, GoToMeeting, Skype, Adobe Connect, Google Hangouts, BlueJeans, or any other collaboration tool. The concepts focus more on process and communication best practices as opposed to technical guidelines.
★★★★★ "Some of the items presented do seem common sense/intuitive, but oftentimes in the "real world" we get overwhelmed and encumbered by everything that is going on, we skip steps and forget to follow a coherent process. I have recently held a few meetings where I didn't feel as effective as I could have been. This course was a great step to refocus/reorganize and move forward." - Dacia Drury
★★★★★ "I really enjoyed this course! I thought the material was well-organized and presented in an engaging way. The content was also very relevant- even though I already lead a lot of my own virtual meetings and have been doing so for a long time, it reinforced and validated some of the ideas I use. I also liked the format of the course, presented in short bite-sized pieces and with the reiteration of simple concepts to drive home the principles. 10/10 would take again!" - Sarah Wiezel
★★★★★ "I'm new to virtual meetings and the course made it easier to understand the basics of virtual meetings. I normally use WebEx tool for meeting with my team so the tips I have learned from the training material will help me a lot to conduct effective meetings in the coming days. Thanks a lot for the infortaining material." - Peter Dlamini
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
If you are not satisfied with the course for any reason, you may return the course within 30 days of the purchase date.
Ready to Start?
Click on the "Enroll Now" or "Buy Now" button in the top right corner of this page and start learning how to have effective meetings.
Who this course is for:
- New virtual team leaders who want to learn more about how to run meetings
- Experienced managers who would validate and ensure that they are leading meetings effectively
About the instructor
“Short courses for busy managers“
Hi there, my name is Hassan Osman and I’ve been managing projects and virtual teams for the past 15+ years.
I’m currently a Director at Cisco Systems,* where I lead Project and Program Management teams on delivering complex projects for Cisco’s customers.
Previously, I was a manager at Ernst & Young, where I analyzed failing projects at Fortune 500 companies, and recommended solutions to fix them.
I was also a research assistant at Harvard University, where I studied issues related to virtual teams.
I’m an Amazon bestselling author of 7 books about team management (including “Hybrid Work Management,” “Influencing Virtual Teams,” “Don’t Reply All,” “Project Kickoff,” and “Effective Delegation of Authority”), and I hold the PMP, CSM and ITIL certifications.
Most managers don’t have a lot of time to watch lengthy courses (that are usually full of fluff). So I focus on creating short courses that help busy managers become more effective leaders, without wasting their time.
I have published courses about Writing Better Emails, Managing Hybrid Teams, Delegating Effectively, Leading Virtual Meetings, and Managing and Influencing Virtual Teams.
*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed on this page and in my course are my own views and not those of Cisco