What you'll learn
- How to write clear, concise and persuasive words that will achieve your objectives
- The tricks I use to be a productive writer, to enter a state of flow and never suffer from writer’s block
- The Big Questions you need to ask before you put pen to paper
- How being a persuasive writer will help you achieve your objectives at work
- The ancient secrets of persuasive writing
- Why being a good writer is vital to the success of your career or your business
- How to polish your words with powerful editing techniques
- How to test your work to make sure it does what you want it to
- How to structure your work for maximum impact
A basic understanding of the English language
A pen and notebook
A desire to put these lessons into practice
*** Free 32-page book with exercises and printable resources ***
***Fully accurate subtitles***
This course will teach you how to use the power of words to change the way people think, feel and act. Writing well is a vital part of any successful career or business. If you want to thrive at work you need to thrive at writing. By the end of this course, you will have developed writing skills that will propel your career to the next level.
- 5 STAR REVIEW - “This is such an amazing well structured, clear/concise course with immense value for anyone who needs to write articles and content of any nature.” A.P.
My name is Mark Morris. I’m an award-winning professional speechwriter with more than fifteen years of experience writing for senior politicians in the United Kingdom and internationally – including for two former Prime Ministers. During my career I’ve written thousands of speeches to audiences across Europe and North America.
I’ve written countless debates in the British Parliament. I’ve written articles for newspapers including The New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, La Repubblica, El Pais, The Times and Die Welt. I’ve also written for magazines including Wired and Newsweek. I even had the honour of writing an historic and award-winning speech to a joint meeting of the United States Congress. In this course, I’ll give you the full benefit of my years of experience and expertise to set you on the path to writing success.
- 5 STAR REVIEW - “I really enjoyed the course. Each lesson was interesting and full of examples. Mark is a real specialist in his field and it's clear that he is passionate about his work. You are not only listening to empty words but learning from someone's experience - which for me is the best way. Even now, writing this review, I am trying to implement what I have learnt - which is a good proof of this course being a 5 stars one.” A.A.
This is not a technical course full of complex grammar. It focusses on the timeless principles that you can use to produce clear, powerful, persuasive writing.
The course starts by looking at what good writing is and at the evidence as to why writing well is so important. The course is then divided into three main sections: before you write (planning), while you write (writing), and after you write (editing).
Part One: Planning: In this section, I’ll show you what you need to do before you put pen to paper. We’ll ask the big questions you need to answer for everything you write:
- What is your objective? If you don’t know what you want, you’re unlikely to get it.
- Who is your reader? Only by understanding your reader and consciously writing for them can you achieve your objectives.
- What is your voice? Who or what do your words represent? Yourself, your boss, your company? Only by having a clear and consistent voice can you achieve your objectives.
I’ll then show you how to plan and structure your work to lead your reader from where they are to where you want them to be.
- 5 STAR REVIEW - “Loved this course! Mark gives you what you need to write in clear English. He goes directly to the point with his ideas, examples, and summaries. After doing this course, I started to see that my writing has improved. My sentences are shorter, cleaner, and more direct. I can't wait to continue to practice all learned in the course. Here's fresh news! Mark remastered the videos recently. Now, it's much more pleasant to watch and to listen. Go for it that you won't regret.” B.B.
Part Two: Writing: In this second section, I’ll guide you through the building blocks of writing: words, sentences, paragraphs and the whole piece. I’ll show you how to choose the right words and put them in the best order so you can achieve your objectives.
In this section you’ll learn techniques both ancient and modern that will turn your words into a powerful engine for achieving your goals. We’ll look at the logic and emotion of your words and at establishing credibility with your reader. I’ll also take you through many of the most common mistakes that people make in their writing, and how to avoid them.
- 5 STAR REVIEW - “I loved the way he explained things, simple yet profound. Easy to understand; he lives up to his words. Highly recommended. Thank you so much.” B
Part Three: Editing: In this section you’ll learn the vital art of editing. I’ll show you how to sharpen and smooth your first draft into something you can be truly proud of. I’ll show you how to test your words to see if they are clear, understandable and – most important - achieve your objectives.
- 5 STAR REVIEW - “I thoroughly enjoyed this course. It was fully comprehensive and packed with valuable tips to improve any type of writing. The tutor obviously had a lot of writing experience and didn’t hold back in sharing his knowledge. I liked the way he explained how to deal with writer’s block as it sounds very effective. I’ll definitely use it the next time my head feels empty.” S.M.
Finally, I’ll share some of the techniques I use to be a productive and successful writer. I’ll show you how you can enter a ‘State of Flow’, where excellent writing comes easily, and how you can avoid ever suffering from writer’s block.
In each section, I’ll take you step-by-step through the techniques, tricks and habits that can transform your writing.
If you want to promote your business, excel in your career, and feel proud of your writing, Better Business Writing is the course for you.
So join tens of thousands of people already improving their writing skills and enroll now!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for everyone who writes at work. Whether you write emails, reports, blogs, marketing copy, articles or speeches, this course is for you.
- While this course is not designed for fiction writers, many of the principles covered have been used by successful authors for centuries to write beautiful, engaging, dramatic text.
About the instructor
Mark Morris is a Cicero Award-winning professional speechwriter with more than a decade of experience at the very highest level. He has written for senior politicians in the United Kingdom and internationally, including for two former Prime Ministers.
Throughout his writing career he has run countless face-to-face courses to help people write better than they ever thought they could. He has now also helped over 45,000 students from around the world with his online course.
Mark is passionate about writing and loves helping people to get the most from their careers by improving their writing skills.