What you'll learn
Move from being a passive communicator to a confident, assertive communicator.
Say “no” and establish boundaries without feeling guilty.
Make clear requests to your team members, friends and family.
Disagree assertively and know how to react when somebody disagrees with you.
Speak confidently and become visible in group situations.
Be an engaging conversation partner in one-on-one conversations.
Overcome your fears and limiting beliefs about being assertive.
Honestly and confidently express what you think, feel and want without holding back.
Learn body language to support your assertive verbal message.
Deal with difficult situations with ease.
Access to a computer to watch the videos
Printer to print out the coaching worksheets
A can-do attitude for personal and professional development
You CAN tell people what you truly think and feel, and you can set boundaries when you need to. You just need to learn how to communicate assertively to do it effectively.
Assertive communication is a critical skill for emerging leaders, new managers, and people who are more introverted in social situations.
When you know how to communicate assertively, you can say “no” without feeling guilty, set boundaries to protect your time, priorities and goals, articulate requests clearly and confidently, and deal with awkward situations with ease.
Imagine being able to lift the frustration, stress and anxiety you normally feel when you have to stand up for yourself. Imagine life without people walking over you because they respect the boundaries you have set. Imagine people looking at you as a strong, confident person.
All of this is possible and learning how to communicate assertively will help you achieve it.
I’m Kara Ronin and I’m a Best-Selling Udemy Instructor, leadership coach and trainer. I specialise in helping people develop their leadership presence, communication, reputation and relationships.
I’ve helped many of my in-person clients transform their communication and become more assertive, and I’m dedicated to helping you do the same in this video course.
"When someone is able to describe situations you can relate to and the way it makes you feel and think it really relates to real life situations. This course does just that, I lost count of the number of times I thought to myself "oh yeah, that makes sense now" - Julian, student of this course.
Assertive communication is not about being bossy. It’s about taking control of your communication and your life. It allows you to communicate clearly and honestly to people around you. This in turn helps you to come across as more authentic.
In this course, you will:
- become more reflective of your communication style and break bad communication habits
- overcome your fears about being assertive and speaking up honestly
- know how to get heard in chaotic group situations
- be able to connect and engage in one-on-one conversations
- know what body language to use to support your assertive message
- learn how to set boundaries and say “no” without feeling guilty
- express your feelings, opinions and wants honestly and clearly
- make clear requests with your friends, family and work colleagues
- better manage conflict and difficult conversations
- become more confident in your decision-making
- make your job and life less stressful because you know how to protect your time, priorities and goals
You will not be alone on your journey to becoming more assertive. This 3-hour course not only includes 44 high-quality videos where I walk you through practical strategies that I use with my coaching clients. It also includes six coaching worksheets, a case study, quizzes, and conversation transcripts to help you move your assertive communication skills forward.
Assertive communication is a skill that will absolutely help you in your life. Learning how to communicate assertively has helped me immensely in my personal and business life, I know it can help you too.
When you know how to communicate assertively, you will finally be able to start living your life exactly the way you want. You’ll no longer allow other people to direct your life or force you into decisions because you don’t know how to say “no”.
This course will empower you to live your life on your terms. I’d be honoured if you join me on this journey.
WHAT STUDENTS OF THIS COURSE HAVE SAID:
- "It is exactly what I was looking for. It is one of the most essential life skills that is required and needs to be revisited often." - Sahil
- "Very clear and I loved that everything has examples." Osvaldo
- "Very good course to take and a good review on how to be assertive and not aggressive in communication. Thank you for putting together this class." - Cheryl
- "This help me reflect myself clearly and encourage me to be assertive." - A.W
Who this course is for:
- New managers who need to be more assertive with their team.
- Emerging leaders who want to communicate more clearly and confidently.
- Introverted people who need to set boundaries and say “no”.
- Passive communicators who want to speak more directly and honestly.
- People who don’t want to be invisible in social situations.
- People who are fearful of speaking up assertively and need to overcome their fears.
- People going into a new job or team and want to establish assertive boundaries.
- People who have difficulty protecting their time, priorities and goals.
- People who need to set stronger boundaries.
About the instructor
Kara Ronin is the founder of Executive Impressions and the creator of two BESTSELLING Udemy courses, Business Etiquette 101: Social Skills for Success, and Assertive Communication Skills Masterclass.
Her goal is to help emerging leaders build visibility and influence in their company and industry so they can unlock their leadership potential.
► She has written for TIME, Business Insider, The Local France, YFS Magazine among others, and has been quoted in The West Australian, The Advertiser, Business Insider and Ignites Europe.
► Her speaking engagements have included talks at Geneva Business School, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, and other associations and groups.
► In 2020, Kara launched The Leadership Pod podcast for emerging leaders. It’s available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, Google Podcasts and other platforms.
► Visit Kara’s YouTube Channel where she publishes FREE videos to help you build your personal brand as a leader, increase your visibility and amplify you influence at work.
Since 2012 Kara has run her business, Executive Impressions, in France and then Australia. As a leadership coach, she has worked with professionals globally from countries such as Australia, the US, South Africa, Hong Kong, Dubai and more. She has run in-depth coaching programs, in-person workshops as well as online courses. The focus of all of Kara’s work is to help professionals improve their presence, communication and influence to excel their career progression.
Prior to starting Executive Impressions, Kara spent over 10 years living an international life in Japan, the USA, and Europe. Over time, she learned Japanese as well as French. Her career experience includes working as a corporate tax consultant for Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Tokyo, a trading assistant for Sumitomo in Australia, and an English teacher in Japan.
She has a Bachelor of Business majoring in Marketing and International Business, a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Japanese, and a Master of Accounting degree.