What you'll learn
Learn Apache Maven, the most popular Java build tool!
Create Apache Maven Projects from scratch
See how to configure Apache Maven Plugins for Real World use cases
Use Apache Maven to build, test, package, and deploy your Java application
See how to create multi-module Apache Maven projects
Configure Maven Plugins to work within Maven Build Lifecycles
Deploy your Java project to Maven Central or other Maven repositories
Leverage Apache Maven's Convention over Configuration
Must have knowledge of Java programming. (Java 1.8 or higher is ideal)
Computer capable of supporting Java 11 development with internet access
Fundamental XML knowledge helpful
Apache Maven is the most popular Java build tool. Companies and Open Source communities around the world, consider Apache Maven the 'go-to' build tool for their Java projects.
In this course, you will learn to master Apache Maven. You will become a 'guru' using Apache Maven.
No previous experience with Apache Maven is required.
In just a few lessons, you will be building your first Apache Maven project!
In this course, you will:
- Learn about the Maven Build Lifecycles
- Use Maven to build and package Java projects
- See how to use Maven with popular alternative JVM languages, including Groovy, Kotlin, and Scala
- Configure Maven to run your unit and integration tests written in JUnit 3, JUnit 4, JUnit 5, TestNG, and Spock
- Generate source code from XML and JSON Schemas
- Leverage annotation processing at compile time for Project Lombok and Mapstruct
- Learn in depth about the Apache Maven plugin system and see how plugins are used in the build lifecycle
- Build Spring Boot applications with Apache Maven
- Improve your code quality with code coverage and spot bugs reports
- Unlock valuable capabilities of the Spring Boot Maven plugin!
- Deploy project artifacts to Maven repositories
- Develop multi-module Maven projects
- Learn how to use Maven Build Profiles
- Perform Releases using the Maven Release Plugin
- How to use Maven for Enterprise Dependency management by using BOMs
- And much more!
This is course is for the modern Java developer.
The entire course has been developed using Java 11.
- All Source Code in GitHub - Get access to over a dozen GitHub repositories with valuable examples!
- Slack Community - Join the instructor, teacher's assistants, and over 1,100 other students in a Slack Community exclusive to this course!
- Free 120 Day IntelliJ Ultimate Trial - Students enrolling in the course can request a free 120 day trial for IntelliJ Ultimate (the most popular Java IDE!)
- Closed Captioning / Subtitles - Closed captioning in english is available for all course videos!
- PDF Downloads - All keynote presentations are available for you to download as PDFs.
- Lifetime Access - When you purchase this course, you will receive lifetime access! You can login anytime from anywhere to access the course content.
Apache Maven is used by over 70% of Java organizations. Employers are seeking people with strong Maven skills.
Completing this course, you will be able to answer interview questions about Maven with confidence!
Even if you're already a Java developer using Apache Maven, this course will improve your Maven skills and show you new valuable best practices for your Java projects.
Who this course is for:
- Java Developers seeking to master Apache Maven
- DevOps Engineers who wish to expand their build and deployment skills
- Technical Managers wishing to understand the capabilities of Maven better
- QA Engineers interested in software quality
About the instructor
Hi. I’m John.
I’ve been in the IT industry for over 25 years. Today, I specialize mainly in Java, the most successful and widely known programming language in use today. I also specialize with the Spring Framework, which the most popular open source application framework for building enterprise class applications on the Java platform. Just some of the organizations I’ve worked with include Visa, Kohls, Federal Home Loan Bank, and Belk Department Stores.
Through the courses I’m providing, I hope to leverage my years of experience to accelerate your learning of the Spring Framework. I’m not going to lie to you. The Spring Framework is a big framework. The environment for enterprise Java is even bigger. If you’re new to Java, you have a lot to learn. I hope through the content on this web site I can accelerate your education of the Java and Spring landscape.